Tuesday, December 29, 2009

iPhone & The BK Webcam

I got a call from Canada today that was pretty interesting and slightly odd. It started with the caller saying, "This is going to be weird, but bare with me.." The caller stated that he had just got a new app for his iPhone that allowed you to see webcams from around the world. He stated that our shop came was one of the ones on the list and he wanted to make sure that the app was working. He had called to make sure that we were a real business and that the camera feed was real.

I honestly thought there was a catch or he was messing with me so I really didn't give him my full attention... He told me that he was seeing a blue snowmobile with a green hood that was open. I told him that I wasn't doing anything outside at the moment. He corrected me and said that he was watching a sled INSIDE. Thats when I noticed a blue skidoo with a green cat hood leaning on it. The caller then saw ME in the camera and described what I was wearing and asked me to wave. I did and he got excited that the feed was real. That was the end of the call.

I don't know ANYTHING more! I assume the app chooses random cams, or searches for ones based on a topic of some sort. I am very confused and intreagued. Does anyone know of this app or know how it works? email me at douglashein@gmail.com

No comments: